From our house at sunset

From our house at sunset
Mountain of God - from vZ's mountain house

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Husband

Ode to David.
He's 54.
Damn good looking.
Smart, kind, loyal, good to the core.

Motorcycle maniac.
Mountain man and hermit.
Lover of nature.
Simple tastes,
Natural class
And great genes.

Rich in compassion.
Deep, soulful, spiritual.
Passionate historian, geographer,
Knower of wonderful trivia.
Master storyteller.

A Renaissance man
Born 100 years past his time,
In a far away fairy tale world.
No fan of technology!

Gentle, patient, temperate.
Friend, comforter, advocate.
My love for life and beyond.

Here he comes!
So handsome.
No ego, a casual confidence.
Heart pitter-patters....
My David!

Trademark jeans and a t-shirt,
Smell of old spice and Crest,
Day or two of tickley whiskers.
Warm strong arms.

28 years ago tomorrow
We said "I do".
A million more to go.
I hope we get a little longer!

2 comments:

  1. So glad I found your blog! I'm hoping to move to Moab once my divorce is final and my house sells. I love your "Primrose Pricess" handle. I call myself "Queen of the Desert." I'm interested in the artist and writer community of Moab. Any tips or thoughts on that would be appreciated. Thanks again for your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are beautiful people, inside out. I get so excited when I see you have added something to the blog.

    ReplyDelete