From our house at sunset

From our house at sunset
Mountain of God - from vZ's mountain house

Monday, May 11, 2009

Return the Magic

Life is complicated. I am on a roller coaster, like some kind of wacked-out demented old bi-polar madwoman. One day things are great, the next day I am overwhelmed and paralyzed with the sheer weight of the demands on me - personally, professionally, physically. The world is spinning too fast and I can't catch my breath.

On Saturday my best friend, Kim Boger, called to ask me if we were still "on" for the Mother's Day picnic. I swear to Buddha, I did not remember anything about this plan -- and she assured me we had discussed and confirmed our plans the day before. Am I losing my mind? I am too young to be senile. I am just a 16 year-old locked in the body of some strange old gravity challenged woman. Nevermind.....

Staying positive is my goal, so to lift my spirits I went to look through some of my poetry and found something that made me smile. This was dedicated to a person who swooped in with even more than a magic wand, and brightened my life at one time when things were very, very bad. So now my poem is back for an encore and dedicated to all the many wonderful, loving, considerate people who have carried me the past month. It is a little bizarre, but so am I. How may people do you know who have purple crushed velvet curtains and burn incense in their pet-friendly office?

Oh, and watch for my sister, Donna's, far superior poem that she wrote years ago responding to mine. According to my darling husband, David, who should be my number one fan,right? ;) Donna is a far superior, more creative writer. Donna, you Smarty pants. Forward the poem!

Return the Magic

I awakened refreshed...
Surprised....
Perplexed...
Atop the softest cloud.

I ate sunshine for breakfast
Wove a dress of fragrent primrose
And wrapped myself in a cloak
Of warm Maui wind.

I slid down my rainbow
To bring your magic back.

To hear your smile
And feel your laugh
And smell your touch...

And return your wand.
It worked.
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment