From our house at sunset

From our house at sunset
Mountain of God - from vZ's mountain house

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Divine Primrose Princess of Moab Sweet Evening of Escape

Tonight is perfect. I, like my little sister, Heidi, have discovered how wonderful being alone (not lonely) is, especially after the past month.

The von Zastrow men are away. Do you think I cleaned the house and did the laundry and made my sweet family freezer dinners for next week when I am in London? You don't know me.

I started off with an l l/2 hour massage and sailed into pleasure and relaxation from there. I'm gobbling up every second of this precious alone time. I banished the stress of 500 more emails to get through tomorrow with an exotic mineral bath, candles, incense, my favorite Persion CD and my lap top (so I could tell you to do this for yourselves very soon).

For a special treat, dinner included a quart of organic lowfat kefir (probiotic cultured milk) followed by 6 sugar-free fudge bars and an apple for dessert. I washed it all down with exotic chai tea spiked with cayenne powder and evaporated milk. My own home made stuff, don't laugh till you've tried it.

I have added a bunch of things to my Gratitude Journal, including the sheer luck of ditching the men tonight.

I am indeed the divine Primrose Princess of Moab again, just resurrected from the buffetings of my own story of reality. Yup, I'm back. Tomorrow, I'll fire up my hot little Red Miata convertible and drive like the maniac I remember being only a month ago, before the world caved in. I'll wear my cute yoga outfit all day long. I will park in the fire lane at City Market and I will drink as much diet coke as I want (YUP,Kim ;)

Coming back to life. Feels good. Feels like me again. Baby steps. I am the same, but different in a better way. Thank you Universe.

4 comments:

  1. I needed this from you! Thank you. I did a similar thing a week ago today, which is what sparked my memory of Heidi's writing. I told Tom I was leaving, running away for the day, and it was fabulous. I even thought of driving your way just to see 'my' red desert or going to calf creek falls. That will be my next alone adventure. I couldn't be that far away with Robby incapacitated. I love you, and I am so glad you are enjoying life and you are indeed different and better and stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaay! I'm glad you're back and that you shared with us. I am feeling like my soul is being eaten and that I'm disappearing. Too much activity, busyness, helping, interacting. I am soul weary and slipping... I need to find my alone time. Now maybe I will. It's funny that you posted Heidi's writing. I wanted to, but then thought maybe it wouldn't be appropriate. Now that I see it up, I see that it is not only appropriate but really needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your back and continued blessings to you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound great! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete