From our house at sunset

From our house at sunset
Mountain of God - from vZ's mountain house

Monday, April 6, 2009

People

People. I have so many in my life. Some I adore, some I tolerate, some who amuse, some who annoy, some who I want to know and some who I wish I never knew. People always surprise me, but never more than the past five days. David and I have been revived and embraced by people who have reached out to us and to Max. Friends, family, acquaintences, strangers and former adversaries have been our angels and soothed us with amazing love and compassion. People can be angels, and we have seen, heard and been comforted by many. The taxi driver who broke the sound barrier to get me to the airport, the United Airlines ticket agent who practically carried me through the security line, the compassion and service of countless medical professionals, the kindness and generousity of people we barely know, the calls, emails, flowers and tidal wave of love has carried us through the darkest days we've known. I love these people. Thank you, I hope I can return the gift when you need it.

2 comments:

  1. I will have to find a copy of one of my favorite writings about people in our lives. I cuoldn't agree more with what you said. We experienced the same thing. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear sweet lady of light,
    How our hearts reach out to you and your family at this time with our love and prayers. The amazing words you have written are comforting us, when it is us who should be holding you in our arms and giving you words of encouragment, and helping lift your faith and trust in the Lord. You totally amaze me! May God continue to uphold and lift you as you and your family continue through this difficult time. May His arms wrap around you and hold you warmly in His loving embrace. I scarce can imagine the emotions you have felt throughout this travesty, yet love has obviously been the major factor in helping you through it. Isn't God amazing? I know from what I have read in your entries that many awesome miracles have come into play to make it possible for Max to be where he is with the medical help he is receiving. Equally amazing is that those same experts are also worthy Priesthood bearers present to serve the Lord at this time in Max's behalf. As miraculous as that all is, that these same people were with you in Israel just two weeks before this event blows the mind. Imagine just how much love our Father in Heaven has for you and your family and your dear son Max to put into action that which was needed to pererve his life. I stand all amazed! Love, Helen Lehman in Oklahoma

    ReplyDelete