From our house at sunset

From our house at sunset
Mountain of God - from vZ's mountain house

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Prayer. There is a song called "Prayer is the Soul's Sincere Desire" and I have been stuck on this song for a few days with it running continuously through my head. For any believer in a God or higher power, this is probably true. Some people have not been taught how to pray, some pray silently, some have a regular ritual of prayer like the Muslim's teachings where they pray five times a day at specific times. I love that idea, and the fact that they pray openly and together. Some people are embarassed about prayer. I was fascinated and moved by the Jews at the wailing wall who crowded into big lines to pray and to put their written prayers into the niches in that wall that is so precious to them. Meditation like many faiths practice can also be a form of prayer. I have no doubt in my mind that we do have a loving Heavenly Father who listens to all our prayers, who knows us personally, who does not discriminate between our dogmas, but loves and listens and answers all of us who are sincere. I find great comfort in prayer, especially when I am on my knees and go to my Heavenly Father aloud in the privacy of my own room. Over the past week we have been lifted up by the prayers of many different people from many faiths. We will never be able to express the gratitude we feel for this outpouring of love.

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Jeanne. I knew it would be. Joni did a wonderful job helping you design it, and you are such an amazing writer. I am so glad you're blogging now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! You are now a "blogger". It is such great therapy writing your feelings and thoughts. It's good journaling, too. There are companies out there that print blogs into books with your pictures and everything. You are a fantastic writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeane & family. We are still in your corner sending up thoughts and prayers several times daily.

    Brad & Cindy Hess

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a beautiful person Jeanne, I love you and really haven't prayed like this for a two years, shamefully, tragedies always bring me closer to HF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jeanne,

    I am sorry for the public post, but I don't have your e-mail address. Stacy Kramer just told me Saturday of the horrific attack on your son, Max and sent me your blog address.

    I am so incredibly sorry that you all have gone through such an ordeal, but so deeply admire your strength, faith and perseverance through all of this.

    You all are in my thoughts and prayers (btw, I can't believe Max is 15 -- I remember making enchilada's for your FMI baby shower, how could that much time go by!!)

    Love,
    Victoria Day (formerly Victoria Dawes)
    victoriasday@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete